Thursday, October 15, 2009

One month of bike riding

It's been a bit of a busy month as Karri finishes out a mini-busy season. During that time we have done a lot of bike riding at the "usual" playground (Coe), so the bikes have mostly stayed in the back of the car. Ethan now has 2 - 16" bikes, one with Hot Wheels styling that he got from Anthony (who, along with his dads, is moving to Dravus St. -we'll miss them).

We had a trip to Toppenish and the fair. Lots of rides. Both Ethan and Willa had the unlimited rides wristbands - Willa had to stretch to make it appear she met the height minimum. Was a slight issue at the ticket booth, but not a problem for any of the rides. Ethan really liked the roller coaster. I think Karri, Linda, and I each rode it with him.

We joined the Science Center - not too expensive and will give us another rainy day activity.

We signed Ethan up for skiing lessons, which start in January. I am not sure who is more excited, Ethan or Zayde. Ethan will be going to Cascade ski school, same one I went to 30 years ago.

Karri's aunt died, so she went with her family down to Reno for the funeral, which meant I had 2 nights by myself with the kids for the first time. Went smoothly. We are lucky to have such great kids.

On the other hand, Willa still thinks that wake up time is at 6:20, so I have been spending the first 30 minutes of most days reading her stories while Karri gets ready and Ethan sleeps. And, at least once a week, her up time seems to be 5:20 - yikes!

If you call Willa by one of her nicknames Willa-beast, Willa-bean, Wilhelm von Wilhelm, Willie, Wilson, etc. she loves to respond with "I am not X, I am Kathryn Lapin!" Too cute.

1 comment:

  1. Oh ski lessons! Very cool Ethan! Great update Michael! Good to see you all are staying and active! Any photos form the fair? I love local fairs.

    ReplyDelete