We just finished reading the first 37 Magic Tree House Books. I am surprised that, for the most part, each one is entertaining and I learn something from each one. Only a little predictable.
I think Ethan can relate to Jack - Ethan knows Jack's favorite phrases are "Oh, man!" and "Oh, brother!" and can appreciate that Jack has a little sister that likes to act first and think about things (or plan things out later), while Jack (and Ethan) are both fans of planning. In fact, one of Ethan's favorite phrases when things aren't going well is "that's not part of my plan" or "I wasn't planning on this".
Just started The Magician's Elephant - Karri's recommendation. Seems good so far. From the author of Desperaux (sweet story, but not saccharine, with a good mesage), which we all really liked.
We try to get Ethan to read chapter titles and words, but he thinks "his eyes are tired" more often than not, so I am not pushing it. Which is hard for me, but doing my best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment