Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend Update

Another fun weekend - we did soccer on Saturday morning followed by a trip to REI (to play on the jungle gym). Ethan went across the balance beam in the climbing tower by himself two or three times. Big deal for him as he gets a little tentative when doing stuff like that.

Saturday dinner included beets, which both Ethan and Willa love. My parents would be aghast, but I think they should give beets a try. Not pickled though, I still think those are foul.

Sunday we went and hung out with AJ, Marcela, Micah, and Kaia at Pt. Defiance Zoo. It was surprisingly cold, but we all had a good time. I think I carried Willa about 60% of the time. We saw a fruit bat, feeding otters (bot sea and sharp-clawed), feeding of the sharks (dogfish), polar bears playing, and beluga whales. Willa did not like the Walruses.

When we got home, Willa saw the backpack in the living room and demanded to go out in it. As you may know, no one says no to Willa, so I took her for a backpack ride to Ken's. Daphne came too. Ethan and Karri stayed home to make peanut butter bars, but apparently Ethan left that to Karri and watched a show about deer from PBS.

I played soccer on Sunday evening after the kids went to sleep. I am definitely a step slower than I once was, but we won and I had a goal and a couple assists.

1 comment:

  1. 1.) Go Ethan! Walk that line!
    2.) Pickled beets are delicious. Shame on you :-)
    3.) "no one says no to Willa" - so whose daughter is she?

    ReplyDelete