Willa has us all wrapped around her finger, but Ethan and Dad particularly. Karri noticed that Willa can convince me to read to her for an extra 20 minutes in the evening compared to how quickly Karri can get Willa to go night-night. And, if Willa wants something or looks like she is about to cry, Ethan will often giver her what she wants, like a musical instrument, stuffed animal, or blanket.
Last night Ethan was a little upset, no one is quite sure what about, and it was really cute to see Willa give him a hug and kiss. Of course, Willa is a big fan of kisses and they tend to be a little sloppy and on the mouth.
Ethan and I were reading last night, the story was Pippo the Fool, and the main character has a nickname. I was trying to explain nicknames and reminded him that we used to call him "Eagle Eyes" for his ability to spot presents or books that we had hidden for future giving. He responded that his nickname was in fact, Gumdrop Pass, which we think refers to his skill at Candyland.
Things Karri and I talk about (as parents) - how can we ensure that the kids have friends (Ethan came home one day saying Henry didn't want to be his friend anymore, fortunately his boyfriend's back), will the kids ever eat a meal we make (a nightly struggle), and where is the sweet spot between over-scheduled and missing out on doing the fun activities.
Personally - I am saddened by the upcoming closure of the P-I. But am glad that, even as we get to the end of days, they are still fighting the good fight. When the P-I closes, I am concerned about who will be the watchdog of the people - who will speak truth to power - who will be the fourth branch of government. And what happens if we are a one newspaper or, if the Times closes too, a no newspaper town.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment